03 April 2017

Spain :: Day 4

spain-day4-a
spain-day4-b
spain-day4-c spain-day4-d
spain-day4-e
spain-day4-f
spain-day4-g

While C had training at Real Madrid City, I went out for a walk and explored El Retiro Park, which was conveniently located within walking distance from our hotel and such a beautiful place. (The team stayed at the Catalonia Gran Via -- a perfect location). C met up with me for lunch. I had been dying to go to Mercado San Miguel after Brian raved about it during his visit a couple of years ago. One of my new friends from the trip happens to love food as much as I do. So she, C and I ventured over there together. C's first bite was crab on seaweed salad. We also had clams, the most amazing burrata I've ever had (I had blueberries, C had jamón with fig jam), sangria, and dessert -- a meringue for me, dulce de leche crepes for Ami, and a macaron for C.

In the evening, the boys had their second game. They unfortunately lost again, but had a good time. During the other teams match, a group of us wandered into the little city for a drink (and jamón of course) which was a blast. Dinner was at the hotel. After I got C situated, I met up with some other parents at The Gin Club, which was conveniently located across the street from the hotel. Truthfully, I was really kind of under the weather most of the trip which kind of stank. I did make it out once in awhile, but wasn't able to take advantage of the nightlife as much as others. Then again, maybe that wasn't such a bad thing.

No comments: