14 August 2014

#tbt

tbtfriends

Brian studied Fashion Design at SAIC. It's not a profession that many straight guys choose pursue. One of the benefits of that for me, is that he got to hang out with some really awesome girlfriends who were also in the program with him. For awhile, we got see each other quite often. The photo above was from the Summer of 2003. We were in NYC for Jenny's (not pictured) husband's 40th birthday party. H was one year old, and it was the first time I had traveled without him. I remember being super anxious about leaving him, but of course, had a blast. It's been forever since I've seen these ladies. Andrea (middle) lives in San Francisco, and Yvonne (right) is in LA. Sadly, Jenny passed away from cancer not much longer after this trip, which is so not fair. We all sure had many good times together. Makes me think that it's time to pick up the phone.

No comments: