17 January 2013

First Band Concert

bandconcert3-0113
bandconcert1-0113

Last night, H had his very first band concert. Papa happened to be in town for some business, so he even got to be in the audience with us. H looked very handsome in his dress shirt and tie (and new shoes which showed up at the door 5 minutes before we had to leave for the concert). From what I hear, you should not expect much from a 5th grade band concert, but I've got to tell you, I was pretty impressed. Each section played a short little solo to introduce the audience the instruments. H on his baritone and the tuba player are the only ones in their section so they played a duet with solos. They did great! I know I'm biased, but it was my favorite. I wasn't sure what to think of it when H said he wanted to learn baritone, but it's really a beautiful sounding instrument.

No comments: