12 January 2013

Winter Farmer's Market

winterfarmers1-0113
winterfarmers2-0113

Brian visited the Milwaukee County Winter Farmer's Market to pick up our Christmas bison this year. He took C with, but I hadn't been able to go (I think H and I went to Tae Kwon Do instead). He raved about it, and I couldn't wait to check it out myself. Believe it or not, we don't have one single thing on our calendars this weekend, so it was a perfect one to head on over to the State Fair Grounds and see what it was about. He was right -- it's pretty awesome. We bought some golden carrots, beets and mushrooms. My favorite vendors were Valentine Coffee Roasters (buy a pound, they buy you a cup of their delicious drip coffee -- otherwise $2 a cup), Caroline's Raw World (flax seed crackers -- she was so smitten that C loved her Collard Green Smoothie that she sent him along with a bottle of it), and Satellite Crepes (the boys had a salted caramel one, but their Moon Unit and vegan Fresh Orb sounded pretty good too). Pretty awesome.

No comments: