05 July 2012

Delafield Arts Center

july5-1-0712
july5-2-0712
july5-3-0712
july5-5-0712
july5-6-0712

A couple months ago, Brian received an invite to an art show that a person we know is in at the Delafield Arts Center. Recently, I was hired to project manage an art show -- the pART Project -- that will be taking place in NYC in November (I cannot even wait to be able to talk about this more -- it's something I'm so super excited about), and he is one of the artists who have agreed to create a piece for it. Come to find out, the curator we are working with on the pART Project, curates the exhibits at the Delafield Arts Center too. Since we had an extra unexpected day in the area, the boys and I decided to stop by and check it out. What an absolute gem that place is. Even H & C, who kick and scream when I take them to the Art Museum, loved it. Peter's paintings were amazing, and I even got to see another artist's work, who is going to be participating in the pART Project. Exciting. Afterwards, we hit up the Rocky Mountain chocolate shop for chocolate covered oreos, and skittles pretzels, as well as a really cute paper / gift store called Monograham. The boys even liked it! Just when I think I have them figured out, they go ahead and surprise me. Our afternoon once again, was spent floating around the lake and getting way too much sun. Unfortunately, we did have to come home today to our roasty toasty house. We finally caved and bought a portable AC unit. We aren't expecting miracles, but sure do hope it helps.

No comments: