05 July 2012

July 4th

july4-1-0712
july4-2-0712
july4-3-0712
july4-4-0712
july4-5-0712
july4-6-0712

Our 4th of July was perfect. It started with us meeting my sister and her family (minus my nephew who is at tennis camp) at the Stone Bank Parade. It was fun and crazy. I've never seen so many people on floats and bystanders shooting each other with water ballons and water sprayers. Felt great on a super hot day. And the parade lasted forever! Much different from our village's one, where basically everyone in town just rides their bikes down the street. After meeting my parents at the club for lunch, we spent the rest of the afternoon just floating around the lake. Needless to say, by 6:30 pm we were spent. Brian had to leave to go back home, and fortunately my mom and I got our second winds and decided last minute to take H & C to the fireworks on Beaver Lake. The beach was not crowded, and we had prime dock seats. An amazing full moon set the stage for what the boys said, was their favorite firework display. Lucky us.

No comments: