17 January 2012

Long Winter Walks

walkbythelake1-0112walkbythelake2-0112walkbythelake3-0112

Not sure what I was thinking (well, I do -- I was thinking it was going to snow all day), but I decided that I had to get all my errands done first thing morning. Of course, it was the worst time to go. Here's a fact -- I really don't like winter driving. Living in the Midwest, it's simply part of life for a good portion of the year and I do it of course. But I swear, the streets were slippery, the snow was blinding and my heart was pounding like mad by the time I got to my destination. (The way home was much better though.) After a few hours, the snow stopped and the sun was shining so I made my way outside to slow blow our driveway. Honestly, I couldn't get enough! It was gorgeous out. So decided it was a great time to take Storm on a long, long walk. We were gone nearly an hour. Call me crazy, but I really do love this weather.

1 comment:

kswen said...

Such pretty shots. I miss the snow :(