30 December 2011

2011 Year in Review

us2011-1211

Friends from Oak Park are about to arrive to spend a few days with us -- then it's back to school on Monday for the boys. One week of vacation was not enough, if I do say so myself. I feel like 2011 was the year of transitions. Not a bad year by any means. But in 2012, I hope to feel more settled. I need to keep working on my patience and try to be less stressed out (ugh, such a struggle but swear I'm getting better). I want to get out and explore -- there's so much awesomeness around here. It's the year of the PFour -- I can tell.

Here's some of the highlights of our 2011:

- We listed our house for sale (and it went under contract in less than three weeks)
- We survived the big snow storm of 2011 (in fact, we kind of loved being cooped up for a few days)
- We dined at Alinea with Leif & Melissa
- Brian celebrated the big 4-0
- We visited my parents in Florida
- H turned 9
- Celebrated friendship with an absolutely amazing evening
- We moved to Wisconsin
- After sitting in the sidelines for many years, C finally started playing soccer
- Went to Next :: Paris
- Really enjoyed hosting guests
- Spend many hours swimming in lakes
- My sister and I did a mud run
- Brian completed in a few different races
- C turned 7
- H started 4th grade, and C 1st
- Brian and I celebrated our 12th Anniversary
- C lost his first tooth
- Brian rode over 600 miles in a week with Pablove Across America
- Brian and I went to England with our friends Lora and Bill to see a Manchester United game

Whoa. Quite the year! Can't wait for the next.

Wishing you the best year yet in 2012!

1 comment:

Ali said...

Hmmm. Noticed our names were missing from that highlight list. Guess we'll have to work harder in 2012! :)