04 April 2011

Florida :: Day 6 and H's 9th Birthday

floridaday6-c-0311
floridaday6-d-0311
floridaday6-e-0311
floridaday6-f-0311
Brian and my dad started their day very early this morning, by waking H up for his big birthday treat. While they were gone, C, my mom and I went canoeing in the mangroves. We saw a crazy slithering fish thing (still have no idea what it was -- but it was fast). We also saw a couple little alligator eyeballs peering at us then casually slide back into the water. It freaked C out. We came back to the house, ate lunch and went swimming. While we were doing that, the birthday boy was doing this:

floridaday6-a-0311
floridaday6-b-0311

Brian arranged for a fishing trip for H! One of his favorite things of all time is to fish, and we thought it would make his day. I have a feeling it did. He caught a bunch of different fish, and from what I could tell, had an absolute blast. The only bad thing was that my dad, Brian and H were gone for 6 hours, and I couldn't wait for him to come home! Once they did, we swam more and and my mom played Monopoly with the boys. We had a steak and green bean dinner and a banana cake with Nutella frosting, all per the request of H. After we opened presents, Brian, C, H & I went miniature golfing.

I just can't believe my baby is 9. It was great celebrating him today. This has been a remarkable year, and we are so super proud of him every day. He's pretty amazing.

floridaday6-g-0311
floridaday6-i-0311
floridaday6-j-0311
floridaday6-l-0311
floridaday6-k-0311

No comments: