06 April 2011

Florida :: Day 8

floridaday8-a-0411
floridaday8-b-0411
floridaday8-c-0411
floridaday8-f-0411
floridaday8-d-0411
floridaday8-e-0411

Well, our Florida trip finally had to come to an end. We had a little bit later of a flight so after the boys and Papa had a little match of Monopoly, we went to Barefoot Beach for an hour for some sandcastle building, sea shell searching, and body surfing. While we were there, our beach neighbors, who were fishing, caught a baby hammerhead shark. Pretty cool.

It was sad saying our good-byes today, but so many exciting things going on. Like, only two weeks until we move! And I found out my parents will be coming back to Wisconsin a month earlier than I thought, which is pretty exciting. I haven't discussed it at all here, but my mom is was diagnosed with cancer in October and is currently going through treatment down there (do you really blame them at all for high-tailing to warmer weather? not me). Only one more chemo left, and lots of piece of mind seeing how incredibly great she looks and active she is. I told my dad on the way to the airport that you almost forget she's going through this. Doesn't she look amazing? They have been in Florida since beginning of December, and frankly, I'm ready for them to come home now.

We had a great trip. And the bottom line is this -- after six months of only having Brian around on weekends (and all of those spent either getting the house ready or packing), it was SO nice to just be together as a family. I'm a little bit sad tomorrow is only a few hours away.

2 comments:

Marian said...

Glad you had a good trip, Angie. Your mom looks AMAZING. In the picture of your parents on the boardwalk with your boys, she looks exactly like both you and your sister combined. : )

Penny said...

Ang--I was thinking of that each time I saw her picture. She is such a trooper! She is amazing! Can't wait to see her back in the Midwest!