03 April 2011

Florida :: Day 5

floridaday5-a-0311
floridaday5-b-0311
floridaday5-c-0311
floridaday5-d-0311
floridaday5-e-0311
floridaday5-f-0311
floridaday5-g-0311
floridaday5-h-0311
floridaday5-i-0311

Drove to Fort Myers Beach to see the Sandblast competition. We caught a shuttle, then were dropped off at the Holiday Day where the competition was being held. The sculptures were cool -- I'm always amazed by this stuff. But we ended up taking the shuttle back after just a little while, then driving to Fort Myers Beach. I think it's college Spring Break ... and it was insane. It was a total mad-house and the boys loved it. Honestly, it was so not my scene. But in all the years my parents have had a house here, we have never visited Fort Myers Beach, and it was very fun to see. Had a late lunch/early dinner. I had mentioned it was H's last day of being 8, and he got a piece of key lime pie (after eating a fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich) and his first round of "Happy Birthday." He was in heaven (and has been milking it ever since). Met my cousin Justin and his family back at the house, then hung out by the pool for the rest of the evening while the boys put plastic mermaids in our drinks.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

oh this looks like so much fun! with each post you do you're making me want to go back to Florida!