02 February 2010

Arroz Con Leche

I don't know what it is, but I've been craving this dessert like crazy. I made it twice in a week, and it's taken all the restraint I have to hold myself back from making it again and again. It's that good. I used the Arroz Con Leche recipe from Cannelle et Vanille. The first time, I followed the recipe exactly, and found it was a bit runny for my taste. The next time, I doubled the quantity of rice, and it was too thick. I think I've got it figured out now -- but I really do need to test it to make sure. We've had it with graham crackers on crumbled on top, as well as ginger snaps and vanilla wafers. I bet it would be great simmered with fresh vanilla beans. And it's good warm or cold. It does take some tender loving care (lots of stirring), but I'm a big fan of a simple delicious dessert like this.

No comments: