25 March 2008

Within 12 Hours

It's amazing what can happen in 12 hours.  From 9:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m., here's a glimpse into my world.
  • C decides to walk in on my niece -- who's spending the night and changing into PJs in our bathroom -- walk into our shower, and pee.
  • Kids are in bed, I'm straightening up, my sister says "Don't freak out, but have you checked your bathroom garbage can?" -- it appears C decided to pee in that too.
  • In the morning, C blames the "woo-woo" (dog) on the pee in the garbage can, then proceeds to blame everyone else, including me.  You're busted kid.  BUSTED!
  • While it's Spring Break for many, our kids get to go to child care at their school (I'm thankful they offer it).  I get there and fortunately, think enough to ask "is there hot lunch today?" Answer: No.
  • I run to the bakery which is 1/4 mile or so away (seems longer when you should be catching a train).  Closed.
  • I run to the grocery store which is 3 blocks away.  Closed until 8:00 a.m.
  • Run to the cafe on the corner.  Open.
  • Buy egg & cheese croissant, fruit cup and apple juice for kids.
  • Run back to school (now 1/2 mile away from where I am), apologize for the assembly required for their lunch today, run to train.
  • Ah ... finally get to sit down at my desk (after telling the story of my morning).
I'll be better prepared tomorrow.  I sure love Spring Break.

No comments: