09 March 2008

Dinner with Papa

My dad came to Chicago for a business meeting this weekend, and treated us to a nice dinner downtown. We rarely come into the city for pleasure -- just work and an occasional trip here and there (ok, and this past Friday night after I realized I left my cell phone at the office). Sad, considering we are only a few minutes away. Anyhow, we met him for drinks at his hotel. The boys were in heaven, since the view overlooked the river and an el train.


Then we went to Smith & Wollensky for dinner. I made the reservation for five, but didn't specify two of us were under 5 years old. They politely said "we saved you a table in the private room." We called it the cage. Actually, it was small room with a door that closed, but turned out to be perfect. We could relax and not worry so much, and the boys sure didn't mind.


It was a great night, that finished with H ordering (and eating all, with my help) a trio of chocolate Crème brûlées. Thanks Dad!

No comments: