04 February 2008

Treasure Dough

Santa brought the kids each a bucket of Treasure Dough, and we finally dared to open it up this weekend. C tends to be very messy with play dough and sometimes, I just can't deal with that. But, I have to say, it kept both kids occupied for a good 45 minutes, and was actually more fun for them than I thought. H got the Under the Sea, and even made underwater creations once he uncovered the treasures. C got the Zany Zoo, and was more into taking the little creatures out and hiding them again. Both kids asked to play with it again later that day. It's great -- it's non-toxic and flour-based. Ours came from Polka Dots, but if you are anything like us, you have tons of tiny, random plastic toys and I was thinking this would be a very easy thing to do at home on a rainy (and if anything like today, mixed with snow) day. I've never made my own play dough, but I know it's very easy. Here's just one recipe idea.

No comments: