02 February 2008

Hyde Park

Me ... "So, what do you want to do today?"
H ... "Dad, can we go to that train place again?"
Brian ... (quietly) "The lines, the crowds ... why don't we find a new train store?"
Me ... "Since when did you become lame? That's my job. We live in the city, let's just do it."
Brian ... "Fine, but you'll see..."

And with that, we headed south to Hyde Park. I don't know what it is about this area, and I'm really not that familiar with it, but I like it. A lot. We ate lunch at The Medici on 57th. Kids had pancakes, Brian had soup and salad, and I had a salad. We all ate well. Then we moved onward, to "that train place," The Museum of Science and Industry. Brian had taken them when C was still in the Baby Björn. We got there with three hours (enough time) to spare. And there were no lines (it's Winter after all, not as many tourists). We spent an hour watching the model trains (even I thought it was amazing), we walked through an old time town (H thought it was scary), "drove" tractors, saw a submarine and more. As you can see, there is much more than trains. It just happens to be the highlight of my kids trip. It was a great day.

No comments: