07 September 2014

Forty-five

45a-0914
45b-0914
45c-0914
45d-0914

45...it's so strange to say that number and realize it's my age. I honestly don't have much of a problem with growing older, but saying my age blows me away regardless. My birthday this year, happened to be on a most beautiful Wisconsin day. The morning was spent doing our things. Walking the dogs, homework, roasting pigs (Brian was volunteering at Oktoberfest). But in the afternoon, C had soccer games out near my parents. When we found that out, I kind of invited ourselves over to celebrate. It's not very often we get to spend birthdays as a family anymore, and it was perfect. Brian picked up a bunch of delicious food from Glorioso's and made dinner. My sister and her family were able to join us -- even my nephew was there from college, which was a nice surprise for everyone. I can't imagine a better way to spend the day. Thank you, family!

No comments: