31 March 2013

Easter Day

easterday2-0313
easterday1-0313
easterday3-0313
easterday4-0313
My sister and her family hosted Easter, and it was so absolutely great to see them. This is crazy, but we hadn't seen each other since Christmas! Life and winter hibernation just got in the way. Tim's mom and dad were there, as well as my cousin and his family. We walked into their house and were greeted by an unfamiliar dog. Turns out, my niece was dog-sitting for Daisy ... a basset hound lab mix. Let's just say, I was completely obsessed with this dog. I'm crazy about dogs with short legs anyhow, but Daisy was like a lab with 3 inch legs. She was adorable and made me melt. Especially when she jumped into our car when we were leaving! She almost came home with us. Anyhow, we had a great afternoon with a delicious brunch, egg hunt for the kids, and even some wildlife viewing -- there were turkeys and even nine deer at one point. Such a great afternoon.

No comments: