11 March 2013

Florida :: Day 7

florida-day7f-0313
florida-day7c-0313
florida-day7b-0313
florida-day7d-0313
florida-day7e-0313
florida-day7i-0313
florida-day7g-0313
florida-day7h-0313

Our last full day here, and we sure jammed a lot in. After morning homework, we went to the Everglades Wonder Garden. The last time we were there, H was 2 years old, and C was in the Baby Bjorn. It's been awhile. But we drove by it a couple times, and they really wanted to go. It's a pretty crazy place that's been around for years. The boys loved it. As soon as we got home, swim suits were on, and the rest of the afternoon was spent in the pool. While this was going on, my dad and I snuck away and took kayaks through the mangroves. It was a perfect day for it. Right as we were turning around to come back, we saw a manatee. After all the years of canoeing in this area, I've never seen one. And I've got to tell you, it was pretty amazing. I did freak about a bit when I looked down and it was right below me -- the thing was enormous. And I was in a kayak. But it was awesome. We ended up seeing another one too, but it was not nearly as large as the first one. So cool. Early in the evening, my parents had a bocce match (they are on a league ... too funny) so we went to do some cheerleading. Brian and I snuck away for a drink at the Hyatt before coming home, but when we came back, everyone else was gone playing tennis so we met up with them there, then out for dinner. And right now, the boys are hanging out in the hot tub watching Jaws.

No comments: