01 May 2008

Pretending It's a Pie

So, last night was one of those nights. Didn't feel like cooking, but had to. Realized the fish I was thawing, wasn't thawed. Then realized the fish I was thawing really wasn't fish -- it was our dinner for tonight. Time to go out. Boys wanted the red chicken place (Indian food), which kind of makes me laugh because I always remember something H said. "Mom, where does red chicken come from? A turkey?" Anyhow, I digress. Drove to the red chicken restaurant, and it's closed for remodeling. It actually brought tears to H's eyes. I'm not kidding. So we ended up at Bar Louie. Boys had mini sliders and tater tots. C is very protective of his food -- even leftovers. He walked the entire way back to the car, wouldn't let anyone hold his leftovers, and pretended it was a pie. I guess he's got the same obsession I have.

No comments: