04 May 2008

A Baby Shower and Improptu Dinner

My college roommate, Irma, and her husband Greg are having a baby in June. A boy. It's so exciting. Yesterday was her shower in Milwaukee. I haven't seen Irma for awhile, so that was great. Plus, a couple other friends I haven't seen in ages were there, so we got to catch up. It was just a great afternoon. Here we are:

That evening, we had dinner at Leif & Melissa's. It started as "hey, let's grill out," but we were not sure about the weather so it turned into amazing Italian meal, and believe me, I'm not complaining about that at all because for those who know Melissa, you know what that means. Here's how it all started:

A lovely centerpiece, a little blue, a little smoked ricotta and ... a bottle of 1999 Dom PĂ©rignon. W-O-W. Delicious. What a great day.

No comments: