25 March 2018

Spring Break 18 :: Day 2

sb18day2a
sb18day2b
sb18day2c
sb18day2d
sb18day2f
sb18day2g
sb18day2h
sb18day2k
sb18day2i
sb18day2j

What a fun day! First of all, I got to sleep longer than I have in a really, really long time. Brian and C had coffee and walked the neighborhood before H and I were even thinking about waking. It felt incredible.

We started the day by visiting the Hatch Print Shop. Unfortunately, there just wasn't time to do the tour. That would have been amazing. Then we walked the streets a bit (amazing live music was already happening and it wasn't even noon on a Sunday), hit up the Goo Goo Cluster shop, and moved on to the 12 South neighborhood. First on the agenda, food. I REALLY wanted to go to Mas Tacos, but it's closed on Sundays! Ugh. So we went to bartaco,  I guess I just won't know what were were missing, but I sure was content where we ended up. Brian made sure I had a few margaritas before going across the street to Imogene + Willie. When I lost weight last year, I kept telling myself I'd buy a nice pair of jeans. I still haven't pulled the trigger, but now that I've held the same size for over a year, I figured it was as good of a time as any. I found a great, comfortable pair of really good jeans, and am so excited. Afterwards, we walked the neighborhood a little, and stopped in at Five Daughters Bakery (per the recommendation of the I+G girls) and split 2 doughnuts (totally worth it) then went to Jeni's for some ice cream (I had goat cheese with black cherry, and salted peanut butter with chocolate flecks -- amazing). Last we stopped at Jack White's record store before coming back to the hotel to chill a bit. Up next.

No comments: