09 March 2018

Moments 03 18 - Week 02

week030918a
C was in an indoor soccer tournament last weekend. Their team lost their first game, but ended up coming back and winning the next three for the Championship. Good stuff.

week030918b
On Monday, along with some other Beautycounter educators, I met with a member of Senator Tammy Baldwin’s office. It was such an incredible experience and I am SO excited! The biggest takeaway I got is how absolutely important it is to make your voice heard. She told us that at Senator Baldwin’s office, every single piece of correspondence is read, every call is listened to, and if you want a response you’ll get it. So speak up! Such an awesome privilege to get to do what I do.

week030918c
I'm participating in the CrossFit Open this year. It's not something I always do -- in fact, this is only my second time. A couple of years ago, I got my first toes-to-bar during the open. I have many things to master yet, but it's crazy how far I've come along. Today was workout 18.3. I knew I could do the first three parts of this workout so decided to just get as far as I could. First round of 100 double-unders went well. Then it was time for 20 80# overhead squats, which I knew would be a struggle considering that's near my max weight. Next was 100 double-unders again, then ring muscle ups which is where 18.3 technically ended for me considering ring muscle ups happen only in my dreams. In spirit of the Open, I swung around a couple times in a lame attempt to actually get one before I finally moved on to pull-ups and modifying the rest of the workout. All I’ve got to say is thank goodness for time caps. Afterwards, I made sure to take a few minutes to stretch, which always feels awesome. Look what I was able to do for the first time ever! A full saddle. So there’s that! I’ll take it.

No comments: