18 November 2012

Mice & Trains

trains1-1112

It was such an amazing November weekend! The weather was beautiful. When I woke up today, all I wanted to do was grab the dog and go for a long walk. I asked H if he wanted to go with. He didn't. I asked C if he wanted to go with. He didn't. And then before you knew it, it was 4:00 pm and I never went. I should have just packed myself and Storm up in the car and left first thing, but I didn't, and that's what happens -- there's always something to do. Brian went into the garage to fix one of our doors, and discovered mice have been there. It is not surprising, but we didn't have this issue last year. The difference? We had some bird seed in the garage, and I guess the mice love it, because it was everywhere. He ended up clearing most of it out. Due to lack of storage, one of our prized possessions was still in the garage -- my Dad's old American Flyer train set. So H and I took it all out to make sure it was all ok. It was, thank goodness. Needless to say, we found a much better -- and safer -- place for it now. After H played with it a bit, of course. He was in heaven. It will be fun to set up some day.

1 comment:

Brandon said...

Very cool train set. I've been thinking of buying a train set for our house, but we really don't have a place for it and it would be in extreme danger anywhere near Reggie.