09 May 2012

Inspiration Files :: Loggia House


Loggia. 1. a gallery or arcade open to the air on at least one side. 2. a space within the body of a building but open to the air on one side, serving as an open-air room or as an entrance porch. I had never heard of a loggia until we bought our house. It has a loggia. And I just love saying "come over for drinks on the loggia." I get a kick out of simple things, I suppose. But honestly, it is one of my favorite rooms in the entire house. Unfortunately, we can't use it all year round due to the lovely Wisconsin winters, but we practically live out there during the summer, and I kind of can't wait. The Glass Loggia House above has been hanging out in my archives for awhile, but it sure has me craving for some outdoor time. (architects: Allen Jack+Cottier, photos: Nic Bailey, via Desire to Inspire)

No comments: