06 May 2011

Muffins with Mom

muffinswithc4-0511
muffinswithc2-0511
muffinswithc6-0511

Well, week one, new school, almost done. Today was "Muffins with Mom" in C's classroom. Glad I went! I honestly had no idea what it was, but it turned out to be a pretty big deal. The kids had been working all month on it. Of course, C only had a few days, but it was great. The kids decorated the classroom and set up tables with apple juice and muffins. I was told to try the poppy seed ones by C, since they are his favorites. They had to draw pictures of themselves and say what "Mom Says." C said "Put on different clothes." I didn't get it at first, but totally do now. He would stay in his PJs all day every day if I let him, and I'm always telling him to put on some clothes. Some of them were pretty funny, as you can imagine. At least he didn't say "You are driving me nuts." Um, yeah. I might have said that once or twice over the last couple weeks. Maybe. They also performed a little song, and made us books. Here's what C says:

All About My Mom
My Mom's name is: Angela
She is 46 years old. (Clearly, I must educate this boy ...)
She taught me how to read.
The best things she makes for me to eat is hard shell tacos.

When I was a baby, my mom took me to the doctor.
My favorite thing to do with my mom is cuddle. (*sigh*)
My mom likes it when I make lunch. (?)
I like it when my mom does not work. (um, ok, I choked up about this big time -- especially since a major part of this whole move was a lifestyle switch, which I'm still totally trying to figure out by the way. It just kind of validated everything for me. P.S. I'm still working as long as possible. Just not as much.)
All day long my mom works and runs.

Cute. It was great to see his classroom, hang out with his teacher (who is a friend of my cousin-in-law), meet some of his friends and some of the other moms. Fun a.m.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Can I get an "Awwww"? Isn't it funny the things that bring tears to our eyes. Last week was Ted's first concert and I gotta say - huge lump in my throat when he walked up on stage. He didn't sing, but bounced enthusiastically to the music. Afterward he asked me "Did I do a good job?" Yes, baby, you did.

Unfortunately, the answer to what I say the most to him would likely be "Would you knock it off?!" Followed closely by "Wipe. Flush. Wash. How many times do I have to say this?"