31 January 2020

Moments 01 20 :: Week 05

moments013120
Last Friday Beautycounter HQ sponsored Counter Conversations in Milwaukee. We got to catch up on our latest advocacy efforts, and I got to hang out with my friends. Win, win!

moments013120-2
H swam in the Shorewood Invite. His events were 400 Medley Relay, 200 IM and 200 Breaststroke.

moments013120-3
He was hoping to do a little better than he did (especially in the breaststroke), but he podiumed every single event! I'm telling you, a few years ago he never would have imagined he would be doing that. He did incredible.

moments013120-4
Last home meet. Parent night. <3

moments013120-6
On Thursday, I rode the train down to Chicago for lunch with a friend. It was so fast. I only had 2 hours. But I need to do that more. Basia and I have known each other for over twenty years. I checked in with her around the holiday season, and found out she had moved to NYC! Fortunately, she still makes it to Chicago quite often, so we decided we HAD to meet. So glad we made it happen.

moments013120-5
She had made reservations at Blackbird. It's one of my favorites and it's been YEARS since I've been there. We both had the salad (ridiculous -- so good -- that's the before and after they cut it up for you), then decided to try a cheese and dessert. Chocolate opera cake with beet ice cream. Wow. What a treat.

No comments: