05 July 2016

4th of July

4thofjuly0716a
4thofjuly0716b
Version 2
4thofjuly0716d
4thofjuly0716e
4thofjuly0716f
4thofjuly0716g
4thofjuly0716h

We had a great 4th of July weekend and are so sad to see it come to an end. It's definitely one of our family's favorites. Last year we were able to make a big weekend in Lake Country on the 4th. However, since it fell on a Monday this year, it was one big long day of non-stop fun. We left the house early in the morning, complete with the dogs who got to meet Bentley (my parent's puppy) for the first time. I'd say it went pretty well. Then we met up with my sister and her family for the Stone Bank parade which is always quite the spectacle. So many people! So fun. My brother-in-law, the master tailgater, had a pretty impressive Bloody Mary set up going on so that started our day. Don't et me wrong, I love day drinking. But wow it makes me tired. Anyhow, after the parade, we had lunch at my parent's, then went over to the CEO of Brian's company for a pool party in their gorgeous back yard. We couldn't stay long, because next we were heading to Chenequa for a beach party and fireworks. We met up with my sister again, as well as my cousin's wife, her family and their kids. Sadly, they moved to Texas today. (My cousin is already there.) It was great to get to see them one more time before the big move. I know I say this every year, but the setting at Chenequa is really spectacular. There's nothing like fireworks over the water. The kids were able to swim beforehand -- some in their clothes. My sister was quite the sport when she got thrown in, and actually stayed and played with them in the water for most of the night. Quite impressive, considering she was wearing a strapless dress. The fireworks were gorgeous -- Beaver Lake puts on quite a great show and I love me some good fireworks. And then, it was time to gather the dogs and head back home. What a wonderful day.

No comments: