03 November 2015

New York :: Day 2


The first day we were in New York, the bakery down the street was closed for a film shoot. By the next morning, it was open for business again, so we decided to grab a bagel & coffee before heading out for the day. So glad we did, because it was absolutely delicious. In fact, my mouth is watering just thinking about my everything bagel with garlic/dill cream cheese. Our hotel was several blocks from the "G" train. Our first stop was Times Square to stop by TKTS to see if there was a Broadway show we wanted to see. Alas, it was still closed by the time we got there. But we were able to take in the sites and sounds -- and Penny and I even got our picture taken by the Revlon Love is On camera. As we were leaving, we passed by the theater where Book of Mormon is playing. We decided to stop by on a whim, and were lucky enough to score four tickets to the show that night! Yay!

After buying our tickets, we walked to The High Line. I had worked on a project a few years earlier, which was located right off it in Chelsea. It definitely was one of my favorite places to visit. We also made sure to bring the boys there during our visit a couple years ago. Melissa, Penny and Amy had never been before, and I was so excited to get to show it to them. It's really quite something. We walked from one end to the other. By the time we reached our next destination -- the Chelsea Market -- we definitely felt like we earned our delicious seafood lunch. Afterwards, we browsed some of the artisan markets then walked more before deciding it was time for a cocktail. We ended up at The Meatball Shop, where the bartender mixed up some mean Moscow Mules & Old Fashioneds. After a few of those, we decided it probably was a good idea to try out some of the balls, so split an order of four traditional meatballs.  We probably could have stayed there all night, but alas, we had a show to catch. Realizing one meatball each probably wouldn't tie us over, we picked up a slice of pizza on our way back to Broadway.

I would have been happy seeing pretty much any show, but have to say, Book of Mormon was the one I wanted to watch most. I was pretty excited we were going, and let me just say, it did not disappoint. It definitely is not for everyone (hi, Mom & Dad), but I thought it was absolutely hilarious. After the show, we walked across the street for a cocktail, and as we were leaving, had a Rumer Willis sighting. We headed back to Brooklyn on the train with a bunch of Mets fans, after realizing it was really difficult to get a taxi to take us there. No big deal. But by the time we got home after our long day, we were absolutely exhausted. Granted, it was after 1am by the time we set foot in our room. But what happened next still makes me laugh -- we got a noise complaint! Can you even imagine? A bunch of moms, drinking water and eating grapes. We sure are a wild bunch. Hilarious.

No comments: