04 November 2015

New York :: Day 3


Our final day in NYC... Once again, we definitely made the most of it. After another round of bagels for breakfast, we made our way to Chinatown to the New Nice Deluxe Green Bo to meet up with another friend from Oak Park, her daughter, Emma and two of her friends. Melissa hadn't seen Emma since she left for college back in August, so we were all pretty excited to participate in this reunion. I was also very excited to try soup dumplings for the very first time! Absolutely delicious. They may change the name on a frequent basis, but the Deluxe Green Bo is already calling my name on my next NYC trip.

Most of the day was spent wandering around Chinatown, with a quick trip into Little Italy for a delicious coffee. While shopping in Chinatown may not be my cup of tea, I've never experienced Chinatown this way, and it was so much fun participating in this adventure. After stopping in Papa Bubble to pick up some treats for the kids, it was time say our goodbyes to our Temple dancers. We had such a great day with them, and I loved the fact that it was even one of their first trips to New York!

By now, it was cocktail time. We walked the streets of Nolita, and ended up at Mother's Ruin. Perfect, right? Again, we kind of didn't want to leave ... but it was also dinner time. We caught a taxi to the Brooklyn Bridge so we could walk across it. So, so glad we did. It was one of the things I was hoping to do, and we couldn't even believe how stunning it really was. No matter where you looked, the views were spectacular. We were trying to get to a certain restaurant, but just so you know, it does make a difference if you put Ave. or St. in the address. Ha! We ended up at the Ugly Duckling. Again, things happen for a reason. It was fun watching the waiters who dressed like women (Halloween...) awkwardly serving the patrons. The Mets game was on. And they were extremely accommodating.

Sadly, with this, our day came to an end. We were hoping to grab one more donut before hopping on our airplane the next a.m.. Unfortunately, that plan didn't work out so we made our way to the airport instead. After a quick flight, it was time for me to say goodbye. I still cannot even believe this trip happened. It was so perfect -- such an amazing weekend.

1 comment:

Mel said...

One of the best week-ends I've ever had. Truly. Special. Time.