02 November 2015

New York :: Day 1

nyc-day1-a
nyc-day1-b
nyc-day1-c
nyc-day1-d

I just got back from the most amazing girls weekend in New York. It was Amy, Penny, Melissa and me, and we had such a great time. We flew out of Chicago early on Thursday. After a dramatic flight (lots of turbulence = I've never come closer to getting sick on a flight my entire life), we arrived in Greenpoint, Brooklyn at the Henry Norman Hotel. Our room was really spacious -- perfect for the four of us. We decided to stick around the area the first day, so had the complimentary car service drop us off at Esme for lunch. The cocktails and sandwiches were amazing, but the highlight was the Beet Salad with Brussels Sprouts, Potatoes, Dill & Horseradish Sauce. I need to recreate it. So good. Despite being extremely full, we didn't get too far before we found ourselves in front of the Peter Pan Donut Shop. I'm usually not a huge fan of the donut, but seriously, my coconut donut was the best donut I've had in my entire life. It was that good. We did a little strolling then headed back to the hotel for a bit before it was dinner time already. I'm not sure any of us were that hungry, so went to El Born for tapas and enjoyed some food and gin & tonics before calling it for the night. After all, we had the entire weekend ahead of us.

No comments: