21 November 2014

Costa Rica :: Day 6

crday6-1114-1
crday6-1114-2
crday6-1114-3
crday6-1114-4
crday6-1114-5
crday6-1114-6
crday6-1114-7
crday6-1114-8
crday6-1114-9
crday6-1114-10
crday6-1114-11
crday6-1114-12

We woke up early to go zip-lining! Brian and I have tried it before -- in Whistler -- but we thought it was something the boys would have a blast doing. We were right! Even H, with his fear of heights, had a great time. The runs were long and high. There were a few moments when I wondered what in the world we were thinking, flying high above the trees like that. But it really is breathtaking. That afternoon, stopped at the gas station for ceviche -- yes, off the back of a truck -- then surfed again (imagine that). In the evening, we met up with the wedding group for a farewell beach party at Olga's on Playa Pelada. There was some soccer playing going on ... and swimming, of course. And the sunset! Oh my gosh, it was amazing. I cannot even stand how beautiful it all is. Afterwards, the group met up again at a skateboard park. C was nervous about it, but tried and did great. Brian and H didn't even hesitate. I figured it was best for me not to even try. Don't get me wrong, I was a pretty good skateboarder when I was 11 years old. But I can't imagine anything good would have come out of that one. We also had dinner there -- got to try beet fries for the first time. Yum.

No comments: