07 May 2013

Working Hard, Getting Nothing Done

mess-0513

There was a bird, that just flew back and fourth to the porch all weekend, carrying hay to make a nest. There were moments it looked like she really was going to make one. And then, all the supplies would be gone. I went outside today to check to see what the deal was, and found quite the mess. Poor bird. Working so hard, and getting nothing done. I totally relate some days.

P.S. Over the weekend we went and looked at a 3-month old puppy at the shelter. How dumb, right? I'm always looking online, but rarely does one really draw me to it. I went and checked him out on Friday. Then we all went over again that night. We even brought Storm and introduced the puppy to him (he did really well and the puppy was terrified of him). Storm probably could take or leave him, but the rest of us were all smitten. If it were up to Brian and H, we would have had a new puppy over the weekend. C was still a little worried just because he doesn't want to deal with a puppy eating all the stuff he leaves around his room. Really though, that puppy was quite something. There were a couple times over the weekend I thought we might just go and get him. Honestly, the only thing holding me back was the fact that Brian is out of town for a few days, and I wasn't sure how I could handle a puppy by myself. I never thought a puppy would be something we'd be interested in -- Storm was 10 months old when we got him. It's like he was at camp and handed back to us a perfect dog. All the hard work had been done. It was great! But as awesome as Storm is, he can be a little particular with other dogs. So a puppy may be the way to go. Shut, I'm just so sad our puppy is gone. But I'm sure he found himself a great home.

No comments: