30 May 2013

Traveling Friends


The Marsch Family in Jordan


The Frigs in Positano, Italy

I've got to admit, we tend to surround ourselves with some pretty special, interesting, just plain awesome people. I know this is sappy, but there are seriously some days I'll think of people we know, and just am so gosh darn proud of them. Recently, a couple families we know have been traveling quite extensively with their clans. I just think it's so cool (and I hope you don't mind I stole your photos!).

The Marsch Family began their adventure in January in Hong Kong and have seen some pretty amazing things along the way. They are still on the go, currently in Europe somewhere. Kim is hilarious, and some of their stories are just crazy. I'll be sad to see their trip come to an end, but I'm so looking forward to a Marsch sleepover in Wisconsin sometime this summer. It's been awhile, for sure!

The Frigs just started their summer adventure, and ever since we've known them, it's a journey they have been talking about. I can't believe it's finally here, and I'm just so excited for them. They began in Munich, and are currently in Positano, Italy. One of my favorite places ever -- we have them to thank for that trip. (When Brian and I were planning a get away, they mentioned a vacation they took awhile back, and it sounded just dreamy. We planned that trip in a month, and relied on a lot of the tips they gave us. All were spot on.) I'm so excited to follow them along on this adventure.

Their stories on how they go to these places are very different. But both are just so inspirational and exciting. Enjoy, my friends!

P.S. I'm kind of cracking up, because I just remembered that last January, The Frigs came to visit us and it happened to be on Kim's 40th birthday. We ended up going to the party while The Frigs stayed behind with the kids. Maybe some day they will get to meet. I have a feeling they would really like each other.

3 comments:

Mel said...

Oh how I wish my family photo could be on this list right now, too!

Angela said...

I wish I was featuring ourselves! What an incredible experience.

Penny said...

Awww, Ang!!! I am all teary eyed right now. We love you guys and totally wish you and the Elsmo's were with us. Can't wait to camp with you later this year. Hey, let's plan a trip for next year!! We are having a blast and thinking of you while in Positano. Off to Ischia tomorrow. Can't wait for those hot springs!! Ciao!