04 February 2013

Taekwondo


The place we take taekwondo sent me these photos of the boys today, and I thought they were just too good not to share. They were from belt testing in November. My parents took the kids -- you can see them in the background on H's photo -- while Brian and I were in New York.

It's been over a year that we've been taking taekwondo as a family. The boys definitely go through periods where they could care less about it. But they are sticking with it, and are now Green Belts. Brian was a bit late to the game, and due to his travel schedule, needs to just fit it in when he can. He is a Green Belt too. I definitely have the luxury of going more often, so I'm a High Green. We are all hoping to test in the next couple weeks again. I think it's so awesome to find something you actually get to do with your kids (we are actually in class together most of the time). There are so many lessons they teach (all of us), and we've met some really great people as well. Incorporating martial arts into our lives has been pretty cool.

P.S. In case you were wondering about belt levels, it goes: White > Yellow > Purple > High Purple > Green > High Green > Brown > High Brown > Red > High Red > Black.

No comments: