23 February 2013

Testing

tkdtesting-0213
H & C with Grand Master Lee after they broke their boards.

The last two evenings have been spent at tae kwon do testing. On Thursday it was kid's testing with the boys. Yesterday it was adult testing for Brian and me. We all broke our boards -- Brian and the boys had to do a step-over front snap kick, and I broke with a step-over back swing kick -- and are moving on to the next level. It always feels like such a great accomplishment. Even at 43 years old, testing puts me completely out of my comfort level. I still didn't raise my hand even though I totally knew what the meaning of our form was (and no one else did) which totally ticked me off afterwards. I've never been a hand-raiser and it's like teaching an old dog new tricks at this point, but I'm working on it. The good news is, I didn't feel like I was going to pass out this time, so that's something.

No comments: