02 December 2012

New York City :: Exploring

nycexplore3-1112
nycexplore1-1112
nycexplore2-1112
nycexplorec1-1112
nycexplorec2-1112
nycexplore5-1112
nycexplore7-1112
nycexplore6-1112
nycexplore8-1112
nycexplore9-1112

Friday afternoon, after the show, after we were done taking everything down, it was time for a little exploring. I'm going to start by saying, I absolutely love New York. But I was totally done on Friday. I probably wasn't the best of company, but we still had a great time. After lunch at Tacombi, we just wandered and wandered and shopped. My favorite find was the Etsy holiday store. Friday was also the day we met up with our friends, which was awesome.

After a good night sleep, I woke up feeling a ton better on Saturday and was ready to hit the town again before we flew out that afternoon. We started with breakfast at Pastis. In typical form, it turns out I was sitting right by Heidi Klum (we think), and had no idea even though I was about two chairs away and facing her. I kept looking at her, checking out her ring and thinking how pretty that person was. But her hair was a little darker, and I really wasn't expecting to see Heidi Klum while eating a croque madame. It wasn't until after we left that Brian was like, "Do you know who that person was?" But of course I didn't. He was sitting closer to her -- albeit, with his back facing her (in fact, her butt brushed his shoulder as she walked by to the bathroom) -- and had heard her accent and part of the conversation. Which we later confirmed based on this and this. I'm such a dork. After brunch, we went to the rag & bone sample sale, browsed Chelsea Market, and walked the High Line. Unfortunately, we had to leave to catch our flight in the early afternoon. Our trip coming to an end.

No comments: