04 December 2012

Advent Calendar

adventcalendar-1212

Last year, my friend Melissa made her children advent calendars, and I just thought it was such a great idea. As you can imagine, they were thrilled. I've actually been meaning to do something like that for while, and just kept putting it off because it just seems so ... time-consuming. Christmas is still such a magical time for H & C, so this year, I finally decided bite the bullet and do it. I bought 4"x6" muslin bags, stencils and some paint (and candy, treats and little toys of course) and this is what I came up with. It really wasn't time-consuming at all, and the boys absolutely love it.

3 comments:

Ali said...

Oh man! Was thinking of doing something like this! Not getting to it this year...

Heidi said...

So funny - I started making one yesterday! Felt, fibers, buttons, generally stuff from my stash. I thought about making one for each kid but that sounded insane. Lucky for me, 24 is divisible by 3 so we can learn about taking turns... or so the plan goes.

Mel said...

Love it Ang! I totally didn't do mine this year; I don't even think my busy duo noticed...