06 September 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

my421-0911
my422-0911

Today was my birthday. The strange thing is, I kind of kept forgetting about it! Brian was at work. The kids back to school. We just had a jam packed weekend. And honestly, it just felt kind of nice to be home. I don't know, maybe it's my age. I'm freaking old, after all. I have no idea how that happened. (Don't worry, I don't feel old though. And I think that's what really matters.) But I was perfectly happy with my day at home. Doing laundry, working out, and just catching up after the long weekend. Once the boys got home, it was game one. C had soccer, where I had to meet Brian so he could get H while I ran over to school to go to C's 1st grade open house. You know, that kind of thing. But once we all met up again, my boys spoiled me rotten. We went out for dinner, then came home and had red velvet cake. I got a new pair of shoes, some beautiful earrings, a notebook and dark chocolate. Then we read bedtime stories and it was time for bed while the Mr. and I hung out drinking sparking shiraz. I'm so lucky.

3 comments:

Mel said...

Sounds like a well deserved celebration Birthday Girl!! Hope you enjoyed every minute!!

Andrea said...

Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag liebe Angie. Du hast eine tolle Familie!

Ali said...

Love this shoes! Meant to get august and myself a pair but never got around to it. Are yours black? I don't mind matching you. Seems like we have similar shoe tastes :)