09 September 2010

Work Space

A number of years ago, I had an office. My own office in the John Hancock Center. With a solid wood door that closed (and locked). And a window looking south with amazing views of Michigan Avenue and the Lake. It was pretty sweet. I changed jobs six years ago, and since then I've worked in an open environment. Ok, fine. It's a cube. Besides the fact that I talk really loud on the phone, driving my co-workers nuts, it actually isn't too bad. But the thing that gets me the most is the view. The nearest windows look across a courtyard (20 stories below, with no green space), to the other side of the building. I have to walk into other people's space in order to see outside onto the street. For some reason, these offices in the forest look pretty appealing to me. It could be because we just spent a weekend in a tent. Or the fact that fall is right around the corner and I think it would be great being surrounded by the changing leaves. Of course, it's still an open space -- which mean my poor co-workers would never the less be stuck listening to my loud phone voice. (architecture offices of Selgas Cano, via Swiss Miss)

1 comment:

david j said...

Looks like an Aquarium.