09 September 2009

Grilled Figs with Goat Cheese

I'm not sure what it is, but H's 2nd grade class is obsessed with fresh figs. Last week, he told me (after the fact) that he had mentioned to his class that he might be able to bring some in for them to try. Every day he asked me if we had some. And every day I said no. I had no idea he actually said this to them, and even got his teacher's permission. In any case, I thought it was great that a group of 7-year-olds were so excited to try something new -- and it was fruit. I had never even tried a fresh fig until probably ten years ago. So, we picked some up over the weekend and he brought them to share. The verdict is, most of the kids liked them.

We've been enjoying our share of fresh figs too, and grilled some with goat cheese over the weekend. Basically, I followed this recipe -- except I also wrapped them in prosciutto. Delicious.

No comments: