10 May 2009

My Mother's Day

What a treat today was. I had a fantastic Mother's Day, which started with breakfast in bed. Strawberry pancakes. Yum. Then boys gave me a few gifts. One of my favorites was the coupon book H made for me. I already used the "good for one hug" coupon, but he said I could use it again. Then I went for 4+ mile run, took a quick shower, and we headed to the Museum of Contemporary Art (MCA). The Buckminster Fuller exhibit was great. In fact, a couple of H's favorite "rooms" were from this exhibit. He liked the floating city and the dwelling machines. Our boys don't have much patience for museums, to be honest. But the final exhibit was really fun for them. It was the Olafur Eliasson exhibit. The first hallway was lit by only yellow lights, and it made it so everything in that room, including us and our clothes, were yellow and black -- almost sepia. There was also a room with lights that changed color, and a few other really fun spaces. We ended with brunch at Puck's, which was really nice. After brunch, we walked around a bit, then headed home.

I'm such a lucky person. Thanks to Brian and the boys for a perfect day. And Happy Mother's Day to Moms T & P, too!

No comments: