05 December 2008

The Holidays

Earlier this week, I went to the Christkindlmarket (again) with my co-workers. We were talking about Christmas pyramids, so I remembered to pull ours out of the box. My family always had one, and when I was in Germany with my mom and sister and few years back, we each picked one up. Well, ours burst into flames after a couple uses, but the company gave me a coupon to pick up another. Thankfully, they have a store at the German market in Chicago, so I picked one up that I liked even better (seen above). So there's a long story about nothing, really, but something we enjoy and that brings back good memories of the holidays as a child.

We started off our weekend having a blast. Our friends The Frigs came over for our weekly pizza dinner. I feel like I haven't seen them forever (probably a couple weeks, but they live across the street, so it seems strange). It was really fun and great to catch up.

No comments: