14 December 2008

Gingerbread Houses

When I was a little girl, I loved gingerbread houses. (Ok, I still love gingerbread houses.) And I'll never forget one year during the holidays when my mom surprised us and made one. By hand. I'm sure she was up all night long, but I loved it. H & C think gingerbread houses are pretty cool too, which is why -- while I'm not up all night long thanks to store-bought gingerbread house kits -- this is our third year making one. Let's just say, I don't love it. I'm just way too impatient, and piping icing is not on my list of favorite things to do. Thankfully I've learned that the more icing, the better it all sticks, so we just kind of goop it on. And most importantly, the kids are thrilled.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME HOUSE and BUILDERS...Pookie