13 September 2019

Moments 09 19 :: Week 02

lastweek091319
This, is fifty. . . And this is what I wrote on my Instagram post. "Such a big number, it sounds strange to even say. Honestly, it doesn’t upset me at all though. I’m happy. I’m proud. I’m surrounded by amazing people. The 30s brought so many changes and responsibilities. Mortgages, careers, babies. All good, but I remember feeling somewhat unsettled and nervous. The 40s have been absolutely amazing, and my favorite decade yet. Our family of family of four got in our groove and were all around during these years. (We did introduce a crazy dog to the mix though). My gosh, we’ve made amazing memories together, and I love simply being in their presence every single day. The 50s are bound to be a little odd. At least for a bit. The boys will be leaving the nest, for one. When it comes down to it, I’m excited to see what impact they have on this world. And I’m excited to see what I, personally, will end up accomplishing. I’m also ready to get to spend more time with my partner in crime, Brian — because right now, our lives are crazy busy and utter chaos most of the time. There’s just not a lot of time for us. In many ways, I feel like this is just the beginning. Here’s to many more happy, healthy, exciting years."

lastweek091319-2
What a beautiful night to celebrate with our parents.

lastweek091319-3
Brian put together an amazing, rather impromptu, birthday party for me at Hubbard Park Beer Garden. Seriously, it was perfect, and I loved being surround by so many of these special people.

lastweek091319-4
Such a perfect night.

lastweek091319-5
The next day the celebration continued, and we went to the Brewers vs. Cubs game.

lastweek091319-6
A few days later, we celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary. (Yes, it's been a lot of celebrating lately). Here's one from the early days.

lastweek091319-7
And our wedding in Chicago.

lastweek091319-8
Celebrating (early) in Door County this summer. Cannot imagine anyone else I’d rather be on this adventure with. We’ve had an amazing journey so far, and I’m so excited to for the years ahead. We've really created quite a wonderful life together.

No comments: