05 September 2019

First Day of School

firstdayschool19
firstdayschool19-2
firstdayschool19-3
firstdayschool19-4

It's that time of year again! The first day of school. This year is a little different, as the boys are back together. Can't believe we have a freshman and a SENIOR in high school. Honestly, I felt melancholy the entire day because of it. But, I just keep reminding myself that this is their journey, and how exciting it is for them. Still, I'm here to tell you, as exciting it is, watching your kids grow up is heartbreaking. It was absolutely pouring out when they left, so for the first year ever, we had to move first day of school photos to the porch area. Then, the boys drove off together and that was that! (Although, H has a study hall 1st period this semester so doesn't have to go in right away -- C is going to be taking the bus usually after all....) C came home after soccer practice around 5:45pm and H stopped for a second before heading out for the girl's swim meet (he's managing the team this year instead of soccer), and he got home at 10pm. It was a long one. Yesterday was Back to School night for the parents. Brian and I divided and conquered it (he walked H's schedule, and I walked C's). Both of us were very impressed by their classes and teachers. I think it's going to be an incredible year.

No comments: