22 June 2018

Maci Visit

macivisit1
macivisit2
macivisit3
macivisit4
macivisit5
macivisit6
macivisit7
macivisit8
macivisit9
macivisit10
macivisit11

My friend Maci from Italy came to visit for a couple days with her son, who is about a year younger than C by the way. The visit went way too fast, but was absolutely amazing. She's the person who introduced me to wearing men’s cologne and accessorizing denim jackets. She is the one who forced me go to high school dances and started getting me out of my shell. She’s also the one who ignited my interest in foreign exchange — the following year we hosted Andrea from Costa Rica, and then I went abroad for a year in Germany myself. Basically, she had an enormous impact on me growing up.

They arrived late Wednesday night, spent the day next day in Green Bay visiting her host-family, which left us Friday to spend together until they had to leave that night. We met my parents, niece and nephew for lunch, then visited the old high school, the subdivision we lived in, and of course, Leduc's. It was an overwhelming and exciting visit. I loved seeing her. I loved watching the boys together. She had the same sparkle in her eyes and calmness about her. I hadn't seen her since I was 15. It's crazy to think about everything that has happened throughout all of those years -- both good and bad. I absolutely cannot wait to see her again. My heart is full.

No comments: