01 September 2017

Last Week in Moments

lastweek083117a
Kicking off his U14 season wearing new club colors. So weird! He's having a blast -- but I'm taking it a little hard yet. The old club just felt like home to me. I'm sure I'll get used to it. I'm just so glad he's happy and feeling good. His team played in the Battle of the Border tournament. They did ok. Plenty of room for improvement, but definitely potential. Exciting.

lastweek083117b
Celebrating his 13th birthday with family and ice cream cake.

lastweek083117c
The birthday boy and our lovely niece.

lastweek083117d
This guy ... trying to be a weirdo or my picture, but still awesome.

lastweek083117e
Me and my girl.

lastweek083117f
So, this guy turned 13! Cannot even believe it. Two teenagers in the house. So sad how fast they are growing up, but I love these years. Just taking it all in while I've got them.

lastweek083117g
First stop, pedicures for all, per the request of the birthday boy. They all loved it!

lastweek083117h
Second stop, coffee. This is a smores mocha.

lastweek083117i
Next, lobster lunch.

lastweek083117j
Laster in the day, H had a soccer game, and C had training. We finally were back together to enjoy a late dinner (hard-shelled tacos) and dessert we picked up at the market. C said this was his best birthday yet.

lastweek083117k
A birthday poem by H.....

For C,
I remember that day
you came out of your nest.
(not really)
And I really wanted you to be the best.
But now that you're 13,
I have realized
You are a mess.

Happy Birthday.

Ummm....

lastweek083117l
Taking advantage of the last few days of summer break.

No comments: