10 June 2016

Last Week in Moments

lastweek0610a
The boys both had Friday night soccer games. My parents came to watch C play at Uihlein, then ran over to the Bavarian SC to watch H, where they met up with my sister, her family and Brian. C and I met up with them -- for about 5 minutes -- but I ended up bringing C home. He was beyond tired, and went to bed as soon as I got him there. The rest of us, however, went to the Bavarian Bierhaus for some dinner and to celebrate Tim's birthday.

lastweek0610b
H had his U14 end of the year team party. Our friends hosted -- check out this gorgeous property! There was a row boat and an island. And maybe a little bit of trouble.

lastweek0610c2
Last U14 game of the season. They won 4-2 in a pretty heated game. The coach on the other team was asked to leave by the referee! Too bad. Next year US Youth Soccer is changing their ages. H doesn't need to jump up (he'll be U15), but half of these guys will. H has been playing with some of them for 5 years. The end of an era. The good news is, H will be playing with 6 of these teammates in high school which is exciting.

lastweek0610c
After H's game, we went over to C's U11 end of the year party. What a goofy, fun group of guys. Just like H's team, 6 of them will be moving up to U13 (including C). Their season is not quite over yet (there are two more games this weekend), but it's been another great year.

lastweek0610d
I was so excited to discover a cardinal nest! Was thinking that finding only one egg probably wasn't a good thing though.

lastweek0610e
The boys had awards day at school. C got an award for fastest mile (5:49) and pacers (a sprinting thing). H received one for pull-ups and the President's Education Award! Pretty exciting.

lastweek0610f
I've given up on understanding this bird thing. The next day, I went back to check the nest and there were three eggs! The day after, there were two (boo...). And the last time I checked, there were four. Mama Cardinal has been spending a lot of time there so I haven't been able to check for a few days. I just love this stuff!

lastweek0610g
Lockers were cleared out, and the boys got to deal with their giant mess. The good news is, we went through it on the first day of summer vacation, so I get my table back.

lastweek0610i
Last day of school was a bit sentimental this year. 8th and 5th grades. Next time they will be together is in high school.

lastweek0610j
8th grade graduation. What a happy sad day. It's just so emotional, but overall, watching H grow up is really awesome. Isn't that our job, after all? I'm just so honored to be one of this guy's parents.

No comments: