17 October 2012

New York City

nycoct2-1012
nycoct3-1012
nycoct4-1012
nycoct1-1012
nycoct5a-1012

So, I'm sitting here in a warehouse in Queens. It's kind of where I've spent most of my time the last few days. I've been freelancing the last few months for a really great event called the SRAM pART Project. It's a fundraiser benefitting World Bicycle Relief. Artists were sent 100 bike parts, and submitted either a sculpture or collage that will be auctioned off. The event is being held in New York City next month, and I couldn't be more excited. I've been lucky to work with a great team, and it's been simply an awesome project to work on. Anyhow, we flew into New York City Sunday late night. Monday was spent at the art warehouse, then the event space, then out for a delicious dinner at Red Cat. Tuesday was another full day of the warehouse. That evening, we went to Blue Ribbon for dinner. Unfortunately, I was coming down with a cold and not hungry, if you can even believe it! That stunk. After walking around a bit, we headed to The Standard for a a drink and dessert. Sat outside and it was just perfect. Wednesday (that's today), we were back at warehouse. Once the day was done, it was time to go to the airport and come home, where I was greeted by a dog jumping all over me, a cutie pie with a dozen roses, and another who couldn't wait to show me all of his school work. It was a fun trip, but feels great to be home too. Now, I just can't wait for the show!

NOTE: Said warehouse in Queens didn't have great internet service, so I couldn't post this until late last night.....

2 comments:

Mel said...

Welcome home! I am probably almost as excited about the show as you are! What an awesome project.

Penny said...

I cannot wait to see you and the show! It's going to be fantastic!!